Following two rounds of comments and feedback from members of the advisory group and the wider stakeholder public, here’s the 3rd, and final, version of the MSP Charter.
Previous steps included:
- During a 2-day multi-stakeholder workshop during the middle weekend of the UN HLPF in July 2017 in New York (Making MSPs Work for the SDGs) we introduced the idea and discussed elements of and process towards the Charter, and started creating a first draft after the workshop;
- Inviting experts to join the Informal Advisory Group;
- Creating a first draft of the MSP Charter, opening for consultation in April / May 2018;
- Consulting with the Advisory Group about comments received and further inputs, June / July 2018.
- The 2nd draft MSP Charter was available for comments until Nov 7, 2018.
- October / November 2018: publishing a 2nd draft and opening for comments until Nov 7, 2018;
- Finalizing the MSP Charter, Jan 2019;
- Informing intergovernmental processes and bodies dealing with the SDGs about the MSP Charter.