We are currently conducting a wide consultation process with MSPs, their members and secretariats, and with stakeholders, governments, and UN bodies. Please click here to see the draft Charter and comment.
Previous steps included:
- During a 2-day multi-stakeholder workshop during the middle weekend of the UN HLPF in July 2017 in New York (Making MSPs Work for the SDGs) we introduced the idea and discussed elements of and process towards the Charter, and started creating a first draft after the workshop;
- Inviting experts to join the Informal Advisory Group;
- We have created a first draft of the MSP Charter;
During the coming months, we plan to undertake the following steps:
- April – May 2018: Re-drafting and finalizing the MSP Charter on the basis of your comments and inputs;
- We are planning to present and discuss the 2nd draft at a workshop during the HLPF in July 2018.
- We will then finalize the MSP Charter and launch electronically as well as through a suitable event, in conjunction with a UN sustainable development related meeting (eg GA 2017); outreach / communications / coverage / first signatories.
- We will continue informing intergovernmental processes and bodies dealing with the SDGs about the MSP Charter; including our suggestions in discussions with stakeholders, governments and the UN.
- In parallel, we aim to develop a mechanism of follow-up, review and learning about the MSP Charter and how it is being used by partnerships, stakeholders, governments, donors. We also welcome comments and collaboration in this regard.
- Open globally for signatures (website).
- Implement a follow-up mechanism to review how signatories work with the MSP Charter.