Welcome to the MSP Charter project website!
The project is developing a Charter for multi-stakeholder processes (MSPs) and those working in and with MSPs, articulating key principles of working in MSPs.
- Creating and promoting an international MSP Charter of high quality MSPs – a “standard” or set of principles that partnerships, organisations, and individuals can sign up to
- Initiating and facilitating a process of defining multi-stakeholder partnerships, their desired characteristics and success factors
- Achieving wide-spread ownership and support from governments and stakeholders by conducting a wide, global, multi-stakeholder process to reach out and engage all interested stakeholders, and initiating a process of signing up to the MSP Charter
- Keeping signatories and the public informed about the Charter and signatories, and using the process to initiate further dialogue and collaboration on MSPs, ensuring their quality, building necessary capacities, and measuring impact
- A deepened understanding of MSPs among governments, UN and stakeholders
- An appreciation of the need for a Charter articulating key principles of MSPs among stakeholders and governments
- Setting quality standards for MSPs that help assess existing MSPs and develop high quality ones in the future
- Increased quality of MSPs
The draft MSP Charter is online for comments until May 31st, 2018 – let us know what you think!
Please get in touch if you want to be involved – email us at info(at)msp-institute.org.