Welcome to the MSP Charter project website!
The project is developing a Charter for multi-stakeholder processes (MSPs) and those working in and with MSPs, articulating key principles of working in MSPs.
- Creating and promoting an international MSP Charter of high quality MSPs – a “standard” or set of principles that partnerships, organisations, and individuals can sign up to
- Initiating and facilitating a process of defining multi-stakeholder partnerships, their desired characteristics and success factors
- Achieving wide-spread ownership and support from governments and stakeholders by conducting a wide, global, multi-stakeholder process to reach out and engage all interested stakeholders, and initiating a process of signing up to the MSP Charter
- Keeping signatories and the public informed about the Charter and signatories, and using the process to initiate further dialogue and collaboration on MSPs, ensuring their quality, building necessary capacities, and measuring impact
- A deepened understanding of MSPs among governments, UN and stakeholders
- An appreciation of the need for a Charter articulating key principles of MSPs among stakeholders and governments
- Setting quality standards for MSPs that help assess existing MSPs and develop high quality ones in the future
- Increased quality of MSPs
We are consulting with members of the Core Advisory Group now., collecting possible elements of the MSP Charter.
As part of a multi-stakeholder workshop on the margins of the UN High Level Political Forum in New York in July 2017 (Making MSPs Work for the SDGs), we will also discuss possible elements of the MSP Charter, followed by creating first draft and engaging in a wide consultation process for finalising the Charter. The consultation process shall also determine how to sign up and how to review what signatories do to implement and promote the Charter.
The project will also include compiling references where participation, dialogue and partnerships are enshrined in international agreements, and providing tools for implementation of MSP Charter principles, compiled from MSP design & facilitation tools (e.g. The MSP Guide).
For more details on activities and steps, click here.
Please get in touch if you want to be involved – email us at info(at)msp-institute.org.